- 2 x SDI video on 75 Ohm BNC connectors
- Each output is the same format and frequency, but can have different patterns
- SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M
- SDTV 270Mbit: 525 (480i/59.94), 625 (576i/50)
- HDTV 1.5Gbit: 1080i/60, 1080i/59.94, 1080i/50, 1080p/30, 1080p/29.97, 1080p/25, 1080p/24, 1080p/24.98, 1080psf/25, 1080psf/24,1080psf/23.98, 720p/60, 720p/59.94, 720p/50, 720p/30, 720p/29.97, 720p/25, 720p/24, 720p/23.98
- HDTV 3G: 1080p/60, 1080p/59.94, 1080p/50
Multiple 3G Streaming Modes
- One 3G stream, on both connectors. Direct mapping Level A (SMPTE 425)
- Two individual 1.5G streams, one per BNC Connector. Dual Link. (SMPTE 372)
- Two individual 1.5G streams multiplexed into a single 3G stream.
- Dual Link Level B (SMPTE 425)
Embedded Audio Generator
- 4 x independent audio channels (2 Stereo pairs) each with adjustable level and frequency
- Preset frequency selections: 50, 100, 200, 250, 400, 500, 800, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k, 16kHz
- Level adjustments: 0 to -79dBFS in 1dB steps
- All 4 channels available to both SDI output embedders, which can embed 8 channels into any two groups (selectable). Each SDI Embedder can be configured independently with different groups and channel assignments.
- Note: When SMPTE 525 dual stream or dual link mode is used, audio is embedded into both streams.
Analog Reference Sync Output or input (Genlock)
- 1 x analog sync connection. BNC connection, 75 Ohm. Configurable as output or input. (Genlock)
- Reference output is the same standard as the selected SDI output
- SDTV = Bi-level analog sync output (no burst or video content)
- HDTV = Tri-level analog sync output
- Reference Input will frequency lock the Testor Lite to the connected reference
- SDTV = Bi-level analog sync or Black Burst input
- HDTV = Tri-level analog sync input
Large Internal Pattern Library
- Static Patterns: 100 Split Colorbars, 75 Split Colorbars, 100 Full Bars, 75 Full Bars, SMPTE 219 Colorbars, Full Field Red, Full Field Green, Full Field Blue, Full Field Black, Full field White, Pluge, Crosshatch, 5-Step Staircase, Valid Ramp, Limit Ramp, Multiburst, Frequency Sweep, Pathological EQ/PLL
- Dynamic Patterns: EBU A/V Sync Pattern, Moving Boxes
- 3D Patterns: 3D Boxes (left eye / right eye), 3D Gray Boxes (left eye/right eye)
Multiple Overlays (Selectable)
- Text Overlay: Single line, 16 characters max, static or scrolling horizontally
- Circle: 1 pixel circle centered on test pattern
- Markers: Safe Action or Safe Title markers per SMPTE RP218-2002
Testor | lite 3G is a compact SDI video and audio test generator designed to address a multitude of test and verification needs in modern digital infrastructures. The large color touch-screen provides a simple, intuitive user interface and the integrated rechargeable battery will provide for up to 4 hours of continuous use.
- PTG 1802 Testor | lite 3G Test Pattern Generator, USB-DCP AC power supply (+regional AC plug adapters), USB cable, Quick Reference, User Manual
- PTG CASE – Cloth protective case, with window for display viewing and operation. Includes belt clip.
- PTG BATT – Replacement rechargeable battery
NOTE: Testor lite is not designed for frequent battery exchanges using a spare charged battery. Only exchange battery when installed unit has depleted. Some disassembly is required.
The Testor Lite 3G includes the EBU AV Sync Pattern. This is a dynamic (moving) pattern which can be used for a host of video and audio verification uses including audio / video timing (lip sync) Please click here to find out more about this pattern.