Seamless switching between input sources (with second input option)
Integrated Image processing includes:
– 2 channel aspect ratio converter
– 2 channel noise redcuction
– 2 channel RGB gain and lift color correction
Firmware plug in options:
– OC-5840-SCND – Second Input Option
– OC-5840-UPXD2 – UP/DOWN/CROSS conversion channel 2
– OC-5840-3G-LEVELB-DL – Level B (DL) support and A<>B conversions
4 independent SDI outputs, user mapped to any internal resource
Each output (4) has independent 10 bit digital video processing providing:
– Adjustable gain, saturation, black level and hue
– Adjustable aperture correction
– Color space conversion ( 601 > 709 or 709 > 601 )
– Integral test pattern generator with multiple patterns
– Adjustable output timing delay (3 frame)
De-embed complete audio payload from each SDI input (16 channels)
8 x external AES inputs and / or outputs (transformer coupled)
24 x 24 AES audio input crossbar
Individually selectable sample rate converters (on/off) for de-embedded audio and external audio inputs
Selectable audio pathways through synchronizer
– 20 x AES – Internal
– 4 x AES – Through 4 x DolbyE synchronizers
– 8 x AES bypass channel synchronized to SDI input 1
– 8 x AES bypass channels synchronized to SDI input 2
48 channel audio processing with adjustable gain / phase / mute / sum
48 channel overload and silence detection
Audio is delayed to track video synchronizer automatically
User adjustable audio delays in multiple zones
DolbyE synchronizers automatically maintain guard band timing
No “pops and clicks” in audio even when frames are dropped / added
4 Independent output embedders (16 channel) for each output
4 independent 48 x 16 mono output crossbars
80 x 16 mono crossbar for external AES outputs
Store 7 module user presets, and switch between four with GPI
Two external GPI inputs, user configurable:
– Seamless switch between inputs (with second input option)
– Freeze input 1 (or 2 with second input option)
AFD / WSS / VI / Closed Caption and Timecode metadata transcoding
Remote control and status monitoring with LYNX APPolo control system
The P VD 5840 FLEXCARD offers a host of advanced functions in a single compact module. It functions primary as a frame synchronizer plus image and audio processor, however it can be custom configured to address a multitude of applications.
The basic module is a single channel multi-format frame synchronizer, providing four output channels each with its own video processor and audio embedder. Internal image processing resources include two ARC channels, a high quality up/down/cross converter, two noise reduction channels and two RBG color correction channels, all of which can be user mapped using the internal signal router.
The audio processing capabilities are extensive. The module de-embeds all audio as well as providing support for eight external AES inputs or outputs. Multiple internal crossbars allow for extensive audio shuffling. It also provides content aware audio processing, DolbyE synchronization, full audio processing as well as multiple adjustable user delays.
Optional fiber optic Inputs and outputs are available, as well as CWDM support with 18 wavelength selections.
Additional options include a second input with a second frame synchronizer plus a second up/down/cross converter. There is also an option to support level B (DL) formats and also cross conversion between Level A and Level B. All options are pre-installed and activated through license codes.
The P VD 5840 FLEXCARD is driven using the LYNX APPolo control system, which provides an intuitive graphical visualization for the status, control, monitoring and configuration of the module.